Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time and includes all subordinate legislation made pursuant to it. APPs means the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act as amended from time to time.
Personal Information has the same meaning attributed to it in section 6 of the Privacy Act and includes:
- Contact details including email address, physical and/or postal address and telephone numbers;
- Date of birth;
- Demographic information such as postcode;
- Preferences and opinions;
- Information about a person’s dealings with us such as financial records, bank accounts and credit card details.
'Us', 'We', 'Our' means Get Robed Pty Ltd
'Website' means the Get Robed website located at URL http://www.getrobed.com.au and includes all pages on the Website, but does not include any other website or any other URL, regardless of whether or not it is accessed via a link from the Website.
2. Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about our customers and potential customers in order for us to properly carry out our business functions and activities including:
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping;
- For market research and business development including Website development and gauging Website traffic and trends;
- To customise and improve future shopping experiences for you on the Website;
- For marketing including direct marketing;
- To run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
- To send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- If you consent to such disclosure;
- If the disclosure is required in the course of providing services to you;
- If the disclosure is in connection with the actual or proposed sale, merger or divestment of all or part of our business, whether or not any such transaction is completed. We would seek to only disclose Personal Information in good faith;
- To credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and/or regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- To agents or contractors who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include third parties located outside of Australia;
- If we are required to do so by law.
4. Access and Correction
You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting email@example.com, however we may deny access to Personal Information where the Privacy Act allows us to do so.
All reasonable steps will be taken by us to ensure that the Personal Information we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you establish that Personal Information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
Please update your Personal Information via your registered account or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update or change your Personal Information. We will always provide reasons for denial of access or refusal to correct Personal Information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Website usage by users, pages visited, time spent, items and information searched for;
- IP addresses to ascertain whether the user had visited the Website previously;
- To determine preferences set while the user was browsing the Website.
6. Data Storage Security
We take reasonable steps to protect all Personal Information we hold, from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. No information transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. We cannot, on this basis, guarantee the security of any of the Personal Information that you transmit to, or receive from, us. The transmission and exchange of Personal Information is carried out at your own risk.
Personal Information is destroyed or de-identified when it is no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
8. Complaints Procedure
If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat any complaint confidentially, take all reasonable steps to investigate it and aim to resolve it within a reasonable timeframe and/or within the timeframes stipulated by the Privacy Act where applicable.